Banking Options to Fit Your Lifestyle
At ECU – A Division of WFCU Credit Union, members have access to a variety of financial products designed for any financial need. From opening your first savings account to managing complex everyday transactions through an easy to use chequing account, ECU’s full line of personal, business and community accounts make banking simple.
Switching Your Account
Interested in switching to ECU – A Division of WFCU Credit Union? It just takes three simple steps!
Become a member! We can start the process over the phone, or in branch.
Let’s look at what needs to be transferred and get the forms for you. We’ll help you find and fill out the right forms to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Once all of the applicable forms are complete, we’ll submit them for you. We just require your signature to complete the change.
Our Switch Kit has been designed to make switching to the credit union as easy as 1,2,3. Your member consultants can complete the process with you over the phone or in person.
That’s all there is to it! We want to make your switch to ECU – A Division of WFCU Credit Union hassle-free.
Ways to Bank
When it’s not convenient to visit us in our retail locations you can access your account 24 hours a day through our ATM networks. Using your Debit Mastercard, you can withdraw, deposit, make bill payments, account inquiries and transfer money between your own accounts all through ECU Credit Union ATMs or any other ATM that is part of THE EXCHANGE® Network 24-hours a day.
THE EXCHANGE® Network ATM Locator App
Locate THE EXCHANGE® Network ATMs with the ATM Locator App compatible with the iPad, iPhone and Android mobile devices! This app is free of charge and can be found in your app stores.
Ding Free® From Sea To Sea
From B.C. to Newfoundland and Ontario to Nunavut, credit union members have access to over 2,400 surcharge-free ATMs. Added up, that’s a bigger ATM network than most banks. And it’s all ding free®.
Leave ATM surcharges behind you.
We’ve all been dinged by surcharge fees at an ATM that wasn’t our own. But as a member of ECU – A Division of WFCU Credit Union, you don’t have to rely on our ATMs to keep from getting dinged ever again. In fact, you’re part of one of the largest surcharge-free ATM networks in the country.
Any credit union ATM is your credit union ATM.
Belonging to a national ATM network means you can bank ding free from sea to sea, with access to a national network of surcharge-free ATMs – a network bigger than most banks. Just look for a ding free sign on your ATM, and say goodbye to those pesky surcharge fees.
When it’s not convenient for you to visit us in our retail locations, call Member Contact Centre to do all your financial business over the telephone.
You can apply for a loan or mortgage, set up or renew your investments, transfer funds, order cheques and more at your convenience.
Call the Member Contact Centre toll free at 1-888-767-9535:
Monday to Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday and Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Now you can enjoy 24-hour internet access to your accounts. When it’s not convenient for you to visit us in our retail locations or to call us on the telephone, all you have to do is open MemberDirect® Online Services through the Online Banking link on our website. You can manage your money at home or at work, anytime of the day or night, at your convenience. MemberDirect Online Service lets you do almost anything you can do when you visit us in our retail location. With your ECU – A Division of WFCU Credit Union Account Number and Personal Access Code (PAC), you can be assured you have confidential, secure access to your accounts.
Through MemberDirect Online Service you can easily:
- View transactions, transfer funds, pay bills or place a stop payment on a cheque;
- Request statement details for up to 12 months (from current up to 200 items for up to six months);
- Download and view your statement online;
- Conveniently pay one or all your bill payments with the suppliers or vendors you have set up through your account. You can decide whether to pay your bills immediately, set them up for scheduled payments at a later date (remembering to allow two business days for the transactions to be processed – this will avoid late fees and to ensure that the payment reaches the supplier on the payment due date) or on a recurring basis; and
- View the front and back image of individual cheques which have been presented on your account for the past 90 days.
WFCU Credit Union Mobile App
Access your accounts anytime, anywhere with the WFCU Credit Union Mobile App for Apple and Android smart phones and mobile devices.
With a wide variety of convenient features, you can quickly and securely:
- Check your account balances and activity
- Manage scheduled payments and transfers
- Pay bills
- Deposit Cheques – Click here to watch the tutorial
- Transfer money between accounts
- Check rates
- Find your closest retail location or ATM
- Send or receive INTERAC e-Transfer® transactions
There are numerous other benefits including:
- All account login information is the same as your online banking information so there are no additional passwords to remember.
- Easy to navigate
Plus… when you activate the QuickView feature in the app, you can access account balances without having to log in at all.
Privacy and Security
It’s our priority to keep your information safe, which is why our mobile app uses the same level of high security as our full online banking website.
To start using the WFCU Credit Union Mobile App, simply follow these simple steps:
If you have an iPhone, iPad and/or iPod Touch
- Open the Apple App Store on your iPhone and search “WFCU”.
- Review the information and click on the “FREE” icon at the top right corner.
- When the icon changes to “INSTALL APP”, click on it again.
- When prompted, enter your App Store username and password.
- The WFCU Credit Union Mobile App will download and install onto your device.
- Once downloaded, click on the icon on your homepage and start mobile banking.
If you have an Android device
- Open Google Play on your Android phone and search for WFCU.
- Review the description.
- Click on “install”.
- Review and accept permissions.
- Click “open” to start using the app.
Please note… to use the WFCU Credit Union Mobile App, you must have online banking access. To obtain online banking access, contact the Member Contact Centre at 519-974-3100 or visit a retail location near you.
Click here to view WFCU Credit Union Mobile App Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s).
Mobile Web Banking
Our online banking website has been optimized specifically for mobile phones and does not require you to download or install any application.
With WFCU Credit Union Mobile Web Banking, you can:
- Check account balances
- View transaction history
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
- Manage scheduled bills and transfers
- Send or receive INTERAC e-Transfer® transactions
- Find a WFCU Credit Union retail location or ATM
- And much more…
How do I access Mobile Web Banking?
- Ensure you have access to WFCU Credit Union online banking.
- You have logged into online banking at least once from a desktop computer.
- When you’re ready to access mobile web, simply visit www.wfcu.ca/m from your smart phone browser.
- You can add an icon to your home screen for easy access.
If you are not currently signed up for online banking, contact your retail location to sign up today.
Mobile Text Banking
Mobile Text Banking gives you real-time access to your accounts wherever you happen to be. Just send a quick text message to your account and you’ll receive a message back. It’s fast and easy (standard rates text message rates may apply based on your carrier and your plan). Mobile Text Banking works on all text-enabled phones, as long as you can send and receive text messages.
Check your balances and recent account activity from anywhere you can get a signal – instantly. You’ll get the account information you want, when you need it, without having to find a computer. Have complete peace of mind with the ability to check what’s going on in your account.
Your personal information is always secure – the only details transmitted will be your account balance or recent account activity. If you lose your phone, no one can make changes to your account, steal funds, or see your personal and financial information. And, it’s quick and easy to cancel mobile banking if needed.
Ready to sign up?
To go mobile, all you need is access to online banking. Don’t have it? Contact your retail location to sign up today.
If you’re already an online banking user:
- Log in to online banking.
- Click on the Manage Mobile Banking link under the Account Services section.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to register your phone for mobile banking.
- You will receive a text message with a passcode.
- Confirm your passcode on online banking and select your accounts for mobile access.
- Complete the registration process.
Leave your “physical” wallet at home and pay on the go!
Digital banking with ECU just got even easier with the integration of mobile wallet technology. Whether you have an iPhone, Samsung, or Google device, load your ECU Debit Mastercard to your mobile wallet, and payment is just a tap away.
Connect your ECU Debit Mastercard to your iPhone or Apple Watch by following the steps on the Apple Pay page.
For Android users, Google Pay makes contactless payment simple and convenient. Connect your ECU Debit Mastercard today by following the steps on the Google Pay page.
Add your ECU Debit Mastercard to the mobile wallet on your Samsung device by clicking on the Samsung Pay page below and following the step-by-step instructions.
Google Pay is a trademark of Google LLC.
Google Pay and Google Wallet are trademarks of Google LLC.E