Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)
A GIC is a safe, low-risk investment that functions similarly to a savings account. You deposit money into a GIC account, and that amount earns interest over time. The difference is, a GIC requires you to leave the money in the account for a specified period of time (a term) – if you elect to withdraw your funds before the term is up, you typically have to pay a penalty. Terms range from one to five years. The longer your term, the higher the interest available for you to earn. Upon completion of your term period, you receive the entire sum that you deposited, plus your earned interest.
- Peace of mind knowing that your interest rate is guaranteed
- A range of terms to fit your investment needs
- All funds are reinvested in our community as loans and mortgages
- Invest in CAD or USD funds
|Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)||Feature|
|Rate of Return||Guaranteed for the term selected|
|Terms||1 year to 5 years|
|Current Rates||Click here to view the current GIC rates.|
Investment Shares are an investment option that allows you to directly invest in WFCU Credit Union and earn a premium rate of return. The performance of WFCU Credit Union Investment Shares is a direct reflection of the strength, security, and sound financial management of the credit union. Since the inception of our first series of Investment Shares in 1997, WFCU Credit Union has paid a total of $23 million in planned annual dividends to investors.
Learn more about our Investment Share offering here.
ECU – A Division of WFCU Credit Union, in partnership with Credential Asset Management Inc., is committed to providing our members with access to investment options suited to their individual needs. More and more people are turning to mutual funds as a way to save for a secure financial future. Purchase top-quality mutual funds with names you’ll recognize, including:
- Fidelity Investments Canada ULC
- Mackenzie Investments
- CI Investment Services Inc.
- IA Clarington Investments Inc.
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- Dynamic Funds
- NEI Investments
- Manulife Mutual Funds
Our Avanti Investment Services team, in partnership with Credential Asset Management Inc., is pleased to offer a series of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)-focused products through NEI Investments. Invest with purpose and peace of mind knowing you’re supporting companies with transparent reporting practices that are focused on environmental and social causes.
For more information about our Investment Products:
* Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, mutual fund securities and cash balances are not insured nor guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. NEI Investments is a registered trademark of Northwest & Ethical Investments L.P. (“NEI LP”). Northwest & Ethical Investments Inc. is the general partner of NEI LP and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aviso Wealth Inc. (“Aviso”). Aviso is the sole limited partner of the NEI LP. Aviso is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aviso Wealth LP, which in turn is owned 50% by Desjardins Financial Holding Inc. and 50% by a limited partnership owned by the five Provincial Credit Union Centrals and the CUMIS Group Limited. Credential Asset Management Inc. and Northwest & Ethical Investments L.P. are all wholly owned subsidiaries of Aviso Wealth Inc.